Gummy Bear Bark

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Gummy bear bark you say? Who would have thought it? 

This isn't the first time I've had Gummy Bear bark believe it or not. A woman I used to work with brought some into work one day around Christmas time because her farther makes it every year. I tried it and of course loved it. There's really not much I that I don't like. 

Here's the funny part; Alex and I went to some random bulk store hungover one Saturday afternoon which was not Costco because we don't have a membership and guess what Costco? We were still welcome. Oh SNAP! Moving on. We're in the bulk store, in 1 of 3 of the candy isles, and we choose a massive bag of Gummy Bears... that's it. Of all things. Neither one of us are huge Gummy Bear fans but of course we've been polishing through the bag just because it happens to be here. So, Ceili and I are going to a family gathering tomorrow and guess what's coming along for the ride? ;)

INGREDIENTS:
3 bags of Hershey's White Chocolate Chipits(Don't ask why I put the regular chipits in this picture)
2.5 cups of Gummy Bears
.5 cup of Chopped Walnuts (Which I forgot but throw them in if you make this)


 Gummy goodness. 

 Chocolaty goodness. 

White chocolaty goodness.

Our microwave is on the fritz so I did this the old fashioned way. I realize this looks slightly ghetto however it does prevent the chocolate from getting all gross like it sometimes can if you don't stir it enough in the microwave. All you have to do is grab a big pot, add water, bring to rapid boil, place a frying pan on top of the pot with boiling water. I suggest using a frying pan that has a good, non-stick coating on it. 

 Add the white chocolate Chipits. 

 Stir. Keep stirring and mixing until the chocolate is smooth. 

Add the Gummy Bears & stir. 

 It should look something like this. 

Add wax paper over a cookie sheet. 

Place the mixture on top of the wax paper & pan. Smooth all over as flat as you can get it,  refrigerate for 2-3 hours and then smash it so it turns into bark-like pieces of goodness.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts