Closet Therapy

Friday, October 17, 2014

It's the strangest thing (or at least I think so) I love being in my closet for some reason. It brings me a great amount of joy. There's something about being surrounded by your belongings that just makes a girl feel happy. Some people collect things because they feel good being around their collection. I guess my collection type would be clothes... and shoes, and jewelry, and scarves, and bags... I'm OK with that. 


The funny part is that whenever I'm feeling frustrated or angry I will go into my closet and start pulling things from the shelves and hangers and start moving things around and reorganizing and suddenly PRESTO like magic, I feel better. When I was taking my history class last year I actually studied in this closet. I would put all of my books out, lay on the floor and do my thang. I did fall asleep a few times I'm not gonna lie. 

I guess you could consider my closet my happy space. There are a couple of major things that drive me crazy about my closet though: as happy as it makes me, I cannot stand the colour of the walls, the carpet, the light fixture and the lack of shelving and organized storage options. I would love nothing more than to make this closet look like something out of a magazine. It definitely has potential to be something beautiful. However, I do currently rent this condo therefor I don't like the idea of spending a whole lot of money painting and adding shelving to something I have to walk away from at some point. If I knew how long I was going to be here, I would more than likely paint the walls if nothing else because that is for sure a quick and cheap way to update a space while giving it character. 





I should also point out that I have my two dressers in my bedroom stocked heavily with pants and skirts and yet somehow, I never have anything to wear. It kind of makes me want to puke. 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts