My Top 5 Beauty Products

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

I love trying out different beauty products. What girl doesn't, right? Playing with the different products is fun but there's a few that I will stick with always because they are simply the best. Here are my favorite 5 beauty products that I just won't mess with!




I can't get enough of this mascara. I've used Benefit products before and I've always been a fan but this for me tops the cake plus who doesn't love their packaging?! This mascara lifts and extends your lashes like nobodies business. It makes your eyes POP when you wear it. The brush is flexible and the bristles are designed to hook and curl and they do just that. Benefit says you can say goodbye to your eyelash curler but I still use mine. I find it helps hold the lift. The formula holds all day long and doesn't get flaky if you rub your eyes. This mascara can be found at Sephora or Shoppers and it retails for $31.00. I promise it's worth it. 





This product is one that I probably would have never bought if I saw it on a shelf somewhere but I have to say it's one of my favorites and I will definitely purchase it again. It came to me in my October Ipsy bag. When you first open it up I'm not going to lie it looks disgusting. It's a very dark brown. It smells like mint & coffee. A combination I would have never suspected I would enjoy. This scrub is meant for your body but it says it can be used on your face you just have to make sure you scrub gently. The first time I used it I scrubbed my body and my face with it and I felt oh so smooth afterwards. I've used other body and face scrubs but none of them have left me feeling as smooth. When you start scrubbing away on your skin it basically looks like you've smeared dirt all over your body. The ingredients are raw sugar, organic coffee, coconut oil, babassu oil, cocoa butter, spearmint and ginger. I love that it's an all natural product. This scrub retails for $22.99.



I have searched near and far for a product that worked well for my skin tone and skin type and finally I give you Marcelle's Sheer Tint moisturizer with SPF 15. HOLLA. I was and still kind of am one of those lucky humans that never really needed to wear foundation... until I started wearing it and now I don't like to be without coverage of some sort. I've tried MAC foundation, drug store brands, other tinted moisturizers and none of them have ever really worked for me for one reason or another. This is my absolute favorite. Ever. Period. The formula is so light and creamy. If you're like me and you forget from time to time to apply your moisturizer to your face then this is another reason why you will love this product. My skin overall is much less dry and flaky. It stays on all day long and doesn't rub off until you're ready to take it off. When you first apply it your face will look a little bit shiny for a couple of minutes until it sets and then you are good to go! You can find this at Shoppers for $16.00. 



I have collection of so many different eye shadows and since I bought this palette I don't think I've used any of the others since. This really is your everyday palette because it's so versatile. You can do a light look for the day and then head home and add the colour busted in your crease and you've got yourself a deep smoky eye, friend! The palette has shimmer and matte shades. You definitely need to use an eye shadow primer with this palette because you won't make it half  way through the day before it's all gone from your lids or worse... shimmer central all over your face. The brush it comes with is of pretty decent quality. I don't always use it but it works most of the time. This palette can be found at Sephora for $64.00

5. Cushioning Blow-Dry Gel by Redken


If you hate spending forever and a day blow drying your hair then you really need to try this product. It cuts down blow drying time, makes your smell ah-mazing (that is no exaggeration) and leaves you with super soft and shiny locks. This is something my hair dresser put into my hair once and I came back the next day to buy for the smell alone and I've continued buying it every time I'm out. I bought mine at the Head Shoppe for $22.95



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts