Halloween Treats

Tuesday, November 03, 2015

Halloween 2015 I have to say might be my favorite Halloween to date. Matt and I planned a party for the kids and the parents and it was honestly such a fun time. I started baking the night before at 9:30 and didn't stop until almost 1. The next morning we woke up and continued the baking and the preparation. I made monster cookies, worms & dirt, monster mouths, guacamole and a few other appetizers.  








I made these cookies the night before and I have to say I was skeptical. The reason for that is because the base of this cookie is a box of cake mix. They turned out so good though. Everyone really like them so I will most certainly be making them again. I should definitely mention that this dough is very hard to work with. I skipped the step for letting the dough sit in the fridge for at least 15 minutes because it was late and I'm impatient. #storyofmylife. Trust me, do not skip this step. It is necessary! 


Ingredients: 
1 box of white cake mix
1 block of cream cheese
1/2 cup of butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
1 egg
1/4 cup of powdered sugar
Food coloring
Candy eyeballs (I got mine from the Bulk Barn)

Instructions:
Beat butter, vanilla, egg and cream cheese together until fluffy
Mix in the cake mix. Add the food coloring. If you want to do different colors for in one batch then separate the dough into different bowls and add whatever colors you want. 
Let chill for 30 minutes!
Roll into 1.5 inch balls and dip into powdered sugar
Bake at 350 degrees for 11 minutes.
Once you take the cookies out of the oven, start pushing the eyeballs into the cookies however you would like them arranged. 




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts