Guacamole Recipe

Sunday, August 31, 2014

GuacaMOLEEEE! MOLE. Moley, moley, moley, moley, moooooooole. It never gets old and I can't thank Austin Powers for his awkward little spazattack. 

Moving on. 

I love guacamole. It makes my list of top five favourite dips. (I don't actually have one, but if I did, guacamole would be high on the charts) Whenever I get the craving for the green stuff(that sounds gross), I usually make it as a late night snack and then enough so that it lasts into the next day. I love guacamole so much that when I do make it, I wake up the next day and eat it for breakfast, lunch and if there's any left I eat it for dinner as well. 

I know what you're thinking: damn this girl loves her guacamole and she probably smells of garlic and cilantro 80% of the time. To which I would reply, yes. That is accurate and I'm OK with that.

The recipe I use is one I've been tweaking and I think I found the perfect combination for my taste buds.

Ingredients: 

4 avocado's, peeled, pitted, and mashed
1/2 cup of chopped onions
6-7 cloves of garlic, minced
1 large hothouse tomato
1.5 limes, juiced
1 teaspoon of salt
3 tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro

Directions:

  • Pull the skins off of the avocados and remove the pit. Cut into chunks. When choosing the avocados, try make sure they are well ripened. If you use ones that aren't quite ready to be eaten, the dip ends up tasting a bit more sweet. Place the avocado into a large bowl and mash then with a large wooden spoon. You could use a food processor if you preferred. I prefer mine to be a little bit on the chunky side which is why I use the spoon. 
  • Cut both limes in half and squeeze them like you've never squeezed before over the bowl with avocado. Turn them inside out. Mix. 
  • Dice onions and mince garlic. Mix in with avocado. 
  • Add the teaspoon of salt and mix. 
  • Cut the tomato into chunks, then combine with the rest of the mixture. 
  • Chop up cilantro, add to bowl. 
  • Serve with Restaurant Style Tostitos and you're done!






Enjoy!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts