Spicy Red Pepper Penne with Feta

Monday, August 04, 2014

There's to many of my favorite things in this pasta I can barely handle it; Peppers, feta and penne. Helloooo tasty. 
The only ingredient that I didn't add was an onion and that's simply because I didn't have one. I probably would have used almost the entire onion if I had one on hand. I quite enjoy onion and garlic as you can tell. 

What you will need:
1 red pepper 
1 orange pepper
5-6 large mushrooms
4-5 cloves of garlic
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup of feta
1 jar of roasted garlic pasta sauce
3 cups of penne
2 tablespoons of coconut oil

Directions:
Cook pasta following directions on package
Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to two frying pans. One small and one large.
Place on burner and turn each burner to medium heat
Cut up peppers and mushrooms into small pieces(see photo below) and place in a large frying pan
Mince cloves of garlic
Slice chicken breasts up into small chunks, place into smaller frying pan with garlic, stirring occasionally
Place pasta sauce in a small pot and turn it on low, stir often
Feta usually comes I'm large cubes so I would recommend cutting them up into smaller pieces
Drain the oil from the chicken and the vegetables
Drain water from the noodles
Combine all ingredients except the feta into the large frying pan
Sprinkle feta on top of finished product

















You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. sounds and looks amazing, thank you for sharing the recipe.
    xx http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts