Carrot & Dill Soup

Tuesday, May 07, 2013

I have two favorite soups; Turkey and Vegetable soup and Carrot and Dill soup. I've only ever had these soups at one of the restaurants beside my work. I would take both of these soups over deep fried fish & chips and I love, love, love anything deep friend. Fish & chips especially. A little off topic but everywhere that Alex and I go, we always try their fish & chips before anything else. We're foodies. Kidding. 

I found a recipe for carrot and dill soup and I thought I had to try it. It turned out really good but I will say that the amount of dill required in the recipe, I will cut in half next time. (Anyone who knows me and is reading this, your jaw just dropped, didn't it?) (I also love dill anything for those of you who don't know me. Dill pickles especially!)

INGREDIENTS
3 tbsp of olive oil
1 onion
1 2/3 pounds of carrots
1 sweet potato
Salt & pepper
4 sprigs of thyme (leaves removed or 1 tsp. of dried)
1 tbsp of honey
5 1/4 cups of chicken stock
2 tbsp of chopped dill (I reccomend 1 or 1.5)
1 tbsp of Italian parsley


DIRECTIONS

Peel & chop the onions, sweet potato and carrots. 


Add 3 tbsp of olive oil to saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and let them cook until they are soft and translucent. Roughly 2-3 minutes. 


Add carrots, sweet potato, thyme, salt & pepper to saucepan. Stir often for about 3-5 minutes. 


Add honey. Mix around & let simmer for about a minute.


Add chicken stock and bring to a boil. I had to switch everything over into a large pot because I didn't have a big enough skillet. It was just shy of holding it all. 


Let it all boil for about 10 minutes or until the carrots and sweet potato are soft. 


Once that it done, scoop it all into the blender and blend away! (I forgot to take a picture before I started blending. Opps.)


Chop parsley and dill.


Stir it into the mix, salt & pepper to taste and voila! 


I don't know who ever thought to mix carrot and dill together in a soup but whoever you are, you have my stamp of approval. 




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts